10 Things to Know About Going to the Gym
I’m an insider. I’ve won multiple bodybuilding championships, have numerous national certifications, and have done just about every workout imaginable. I’ve basically lived in a gym for over half my life. It’s like home to me. Most folks, however, are not comfortable going to work out. They’re worried about so many things that it’s hard to even break a sweat, much less form a habit of going to the gym. If you’re a newcomer or kind of intimidated by the gym, here are 10 things you need to know . . .
- Most folks are just as new and anxious as you.
- Pretty much everybody is worried about how their body looks. (not just you, so quit worrying!)
- Regardless of what you think, everybody is not looking at you, secretly ridiculing your every move. They’re worried that you’re doing that to them.
- How hard you work is much more important than how you dress.
- Just be friendly. Believe it or not, there are really nice people in there.
- The people that seem intimidating (the strongest, fittest, most confident people) are typically the nicest and most helpful.
- It doesn’t matter how fit, fat, knowledgeable, or new you are – consistency and hard work will get you major gym cred – in a hurry.
- There’s nothing wrong with grunting when needed, but screaming every rep is bit much.
- The hardcore gym folks are secretly cheering you on and love to see people make progress.
- Cardinal sin – don’t sign up, come for two weeks, and never come back.
It’s easy to be overwhelmed and intimidated when entering into a new world. We all experience it in some area of life. Sometimes all it takes is a seasoned “pro” to pat you on the shoulder, give you a reassuring look, and say “Don’t worry. Here’s what you need to know.” Hopefully, this blog post has done just that for you, putting you at ease. Now, lace up your workout shoes, and cruise confidently into the gym. There are a good sweat and some results waiting on you!
If you enjoyed this blog, I encourage you to become part of my Food and Fitness family where I offer FREE Stuff about Weight Loss Secrets and other tips. It’s all about encouraging people toward a better version of themselves. It’s also 100% free, so you can’t go wrong. Just click HERE